Wednesday, March 10, 2010

God directs our steps - He concerns himself with the details.

Some people don't believe the Bible should have so many translations and that some are better than others but I personally believe that regardless of which translation, God speaks to us using His Holy Word and quickens it to us just when and how we need to hear it for each day. The scripture God gave me today was in the New Living Translation:

Psalm 37:23 (New Living Translation)
"The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives."

Some other translations more readily recognized:

Psalm 37:23 (King James Version)
"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way."

Psalm 37:23 (Amplified Bible)
"The steps of a [good] man are directed and established by the Lord when He delights in his way [and He busies Himself with his every step]."

Psalm 37:23 (English Standard Version)
"The steps of a man are established by the LORD,
when he delights in his way;"

Psalm 37:23 (New International Version)
"If the LORD delights in a man's way,
he makes his steps firm;"

2 comments:

Creative Char said...

Just the day or two before, this is how I was feeling:

Well, here I am another day in the hole! Sitting in the pit and wondering when I’ll be rescued.

I’ve faced every kind of bug, beetle, spider, scorpion, you can possibly imagine in one day.

I’m so thirsty and tired.

The anxiety is taking me beyond myself.

I don’t think I can control my frustration much longer.

Everyday all I think about is getting out.

Everyday I imagine an oasis of water, all the water I can drink, and food, roasted rabbit and fresh fruit and shade, plenty of shade from the hot sun, just lying in the water and floating gently on top of the water.

I need to be rescued so I can sleep.

Fawnette said...

That is one of my favorites! I remember from one of my bibles this one:

"Man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."

I'm not sure if that's the same scripture in a different translation but I always remembered that one and took it with me just knowing that the Lord is with me in everything I do. I know the Lord will be with you and Brian in all your endeavors and that things that seem like obstacles now, may end up being blessings later!